Tuesday, January 25, 2011

We've Got A...

....tooth!!

Our big news is that Bailey's got her first tooth!  It's just now starting to pop up through her gums, and it's making her pretty unhappy.  You can hardly see it unless you're looking for it and she won't let us touch it anymore (annoying mother that I am, I guess I stuck my finger in her mouth one too many times) but it's definitely there and I can feel it when I poke around.  Yay!!  Although, this means we're in for quite a few days of misery...Bailey gets super fussy when she's uncomfortable.  We'll see how things go.

In other news, we had a GREAT weekend!  Scott had to clock a game Friday night, so Bailey and I had a girls' night.  We went and had dinner at the mall, then did some shopping.  I picked up a few cute outfits for her at The Children's Place (they're having a sale!), enjoyed a latte and just strolled with her for a bit.  We got home late, and she and Scott played for a few minutes before she went to bed for the night.  

On Saturday night, Bailey had a sleepover with Madison at Aunt Meg and Uncle Drew's house.  I'm not sure how much sleep everyone actually got, but the intention was there!  Scott and I had a fantastic date night.  We were a boring old couple first and did our grocery shopping.  But we got dressed up and went to dinner and a movie later that night.  We ended up seeing No Strings Attached, which was decent, but I can't really take Ashton Kutcher seriously in a movie.  Still a good flick, though.  And as an added bonus, we both got a full night's uninterrupted sleep!  

On a completely unrelated note, I filled my last daycare opening!  I've got a baby girl who is four days younger than Bailey and I love it.  The girls all play together and Bailey, Madison and their new buddy chatted back and forth pretty much all day yesterday.  Also, I'm down 15 pounds!  Still got a LONG way to go and I can't really tell that I've lost anything yet, but the scale says that I have so I'm going with it.  

And now, one of the girls is waking up (and screaming) from a nap.  Duty calls!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who loves comments? I do!