Monday, January 10, 2011

New Year, New Me

Well, the New Year has come and gone and I've (wisely) made only ONE resolution.  Can anybody guess what it is?  Ding, ding, ding!  My resolution was to LOSE WEIGHT.

At the risk of completely embarrassing myself, I'll admit that I packed on a whopping 47 pounds while I was pregnant last year.  I've been dieting off and on pretty much since 2007 when I lost 30 pounds, and my pregnancy was the perfect excuse to slack off a bit.  Or, in my case, to go completely apeshit and eat anything and everything I could shovel into my mouth.  And boy did I!  "The baby wants it", I said every time I snapped into a Slim Jim.  "The baby is making me crave those brownies and coffee milkshakes, and I gotta give the baby what she wants."  The baby weighed 7 pounds at birth, and I was carrying the other 40.  What does that tell you?

It wouldn't have been such a big deal (I mean, I did just create, sustain and carry a whole other person inside my body for 9+ months), except for the fact that I put another 10 pounds on after she was born.  I admit it...Victoria Beckham I am not.  So, I've taken the last six months to just completely enjoy Mommyhood and all that it entails (the good, the bad, and the sleepy), and I can honestly say that I've thoroughly enjoyed the ride...every minute of it.  And I'd do it again in a heartbeat.  But, for now, it's time to reclaim possession of my body.

I started Weight Watchers last week.  I wish I had the willpower to just eat healthy and workout on my own but, sadly, I don't.  Nor do I have the knowledge of what exactly I need to do to lose weight and keep it off.  So for now, Weight Watchers it is.  I lost 9 pounds the first week.  I'd like to jump up and down and cheer (and in fact I did just that in the privacy of my own bathroom), but I'm pretty sure the only reason I lost so much was because my body flushed all the crap I'd eaten up til now and was finally starting to get some fresh and healthy foods into it.  In any case, I'm gonna take those 9 pounds and run with them.  I've earned them.  I stuck strictly to the diet and didn't cheat, and I'll continue with it until I've lost every pound that I put on in the last 15 months.  So feel free to pass along any encouraging words, because I know I'm going to need them at some point!

My goal is to lose all the weight before Bailey's first birthday in June.  So here goes nothing.  And now that I've put it out there for the world to read...I have no choice but to be honest and stick with it.  Here goes nothing!  Stay tuned to see how it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who loves comments? I do!