Tuesday, January 18, 2011

She's Back!

After a week and half battling the stomach flu, Bailey is finally back to her old self!  She's drinking formula again and keeping that down, plus her cereal.  We haven't tried any solids yet, still too afraid it'll mess with her stomach yet.  Maybe we'll try tomorrow.  In any case, we have our happy baby back...and couldn't be happier!

In other Bailey news...In addition to clapping and (sporadically) waving, Bailey has learned a new "trick".  Her Uncle Kevin taught her to spit last night!  It's more like blowing raspberries, but she's doing it.  You might be thinking, Uh-oh...she's in trouble now!  But it's actually a good thing, for two reasons.  One: she mimicked Kevin when he blew raspberries at her.  She just stared at his mouth for a minute and then started doing the same thing.  And two: it'll help her with her speech later on.  That's how babies learn to start babbling and talking.  Call me crazy, but as long as she's not doing it specifically to be mean (which, I highly doubt she would at 6 months old), I have no problem with the "spitting"...for now!  I actually thought that she'd forgotten all about it because she hadn't done it once this morning.  But then came breakfast.  By the time I was done feeding her, she and I were wearing more of the cereal than she had actually gotten in her belly, thanks to her "ability" to spit at the spoon as I was putting it to her mouth.  Classy...

In completely unrelated news, I lost another 2 lbs. this week, putting my total weight loss at 11lbs. in two weeks.  Can't complain about that! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who loves comments? I do!