Friday, May 30, 2014

Friday Five

Say it with me, guys...TGIF!  I'm sitting here sipping my first coffee of the day and I've plied my kids with enough donuts to put them into a sugar coma for days, so hopefully I can actually get this written in one sitting. 


1.  Bailey and Gerry had their first visit to the dentist this week.  This is our biggest news of the week.  I'm a little embarrassed to admit that, at almost 4 years old, Bailey is only just now seeing the dentist for the first time.  I've got a lot of fear when it comes to going and I think I've been projecting that onto her. But better late than never, right?  In any case, she did great.  We talked about it A LOT in the days leading up to her appointment, and the whole car ride over she kept telling me that she was nervous and scared.  When we walked in, though, there was a big play room for the kids, and that seemed to help ease her into things.  It also helped that, literally, every single person we met and/or dealt with in the office, from the receptionist to the dental hygienist, to the dentist himself, was completely awesome.  They were friendly and they smiled a lot and they totally allayed Bailey's fears and anxiety about seeing the dentist.  She had some x-rays done and got a good cleaning, and she was a total rock star about it all. 


 Gerry, on the other hand?  Not so much.  As soon as he realized what was going on he started fighting and screaming like he was being tortured.  The dentist, Dr. Hunt, was fantastic, though, and had him checked and cleaned in under 3 minutes.  He never lost patience, never let on that this screaming, thrashing kid was being a total pain in the ass...he just stayed calm, thanked me for holding Gerry's hands still so he couldn't grab all the tools from the dentist's hands like he kept trying to do, and talked to Gerry and me about what he was doing.  It was an awesome visit and, for the record, I highly -- HIGHLY-- recommend this dental practice.  For those of you in the Philly area who don't mind a trip to Blue Bell, I can't say enough about Dr. Hunt and the staff at Charm Pediatric Dentistry.


2.  I snapped this picture of the kids together.  And I can't get enough of it.  Seriously.  Can't get enough. They had both just finished a popsicle and Gerry had, as usual, a ridiculous mess and Scott made him sit down on the steps while he ran in the house to get a washcloth to wipe him up with.  Bailey sat with him in solidarity until we got him cleaned up.



3.  Yesterday was my sister's 29th birthday.   For the next six weeks, she and I will be the same age.  So strange to think about...

4.  My parents took Bailey and my nieces to the Phillies game last night, and they brought back a hat for each of the kids.  Gerry was asleep when they came home, so I gave his to him this morning and he won't take it off!  Philly pride, am I right?



5.  We've finalized everything for Bailey's birthday party next month and, even though it's really not a big deal, I feel like I can let out a huge breath of relief.  She asked for a party at Build-A-Bear, so we're doing it there.  B-A-B partners with Chick-Fil-A {Bailey's favorite "restaurant"...bonus!} so they'll do lunch for all of the kids after the party.  They take care of the set-up and clean-up and all we have to do is show up and enjoy ourselves.  Win-win!


As usual, we have a crazy busy weekend ahead of us.  Tee ball games and birthday parties, etc.  BUT, at least we won't be bored!


 photo purplebrownsignature_zps522b387e.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who loves comments? I do!