Friday, May 23, 2014

Friday Five

It's Friday!!!  I've never been happier to see the weekend arrive, and it's even better because Monday is Memorial Day...four day weekend!  {Can you tell I'm hopped up on coffee over here?}

Anyway, here's my 5 today:

1.  We celebrated Mimi's 80th birthday last weekend.  Technically, her birthday is this Sunday, but everyone got together for a big celebration last weekend, and we had a blast.  Bailey and Gerry were in heaven, running around with their aunt's dogs, eating lots of food, blowing bubbles, and being surrounded by a small horde of people who thought they were adorable and awesome.  We spent the night and Bailey didn't want to leave the next day.  Here's the birthday girl:

Photo cred goes to my father-in-law
 






 2.  We had some pretty crazy weather here yesterday.  Our area came through pretty much unscathed {just lots of rain and some thunder}but surrounding towns got hit with crazy hail, 60mph winds, and tons of rain.  Playing in the backyard was out after all that and these two needed to burn some energy, so I took them to one of Bailey's favorite places:  Chick Fil A!  It was Kids' Night, so Bailey got to play a matching game and won a free ice cream cone and, after dinner, both kids got to play in the Play Area {and I got 5 minutes of peace from the constant whining and "mooo-oom"s I've been hearing all week}.



And Bailey saw this beautiful rainbow while we were pulling in to the parking lot.  Can't beat that after a storm!




3.  Gerry had a rough beginning of the week.  He burned his hand on Sunday and climbed  fell  out of his crib on Tuesday.  He survived, though, and was back to his destructive but adorable self by Wednesday. 



He's INSIDE B's doll house right now...just climbed on in like it was no big deal



4.  This picture was taken exactly four years ago.  Four...YEARS.  At my baby shower for Bailey.  Look at that belly!  She took her sweet time and didn't make an appearance for more than a month after this picture was taken but -- my goodness -- has she made this world a better place.  Bailey Reece: keeping us on our toes for almost 4 years and counting.




5.  I'm getting my hair cut tomorrow.   This doesn't seem like a big deal, but it is.  It is. 


 photo purplebrownsignature_zps522b387e.png

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who loves comments? I do!