Friday, May 9, 2014

Five On Friday

The last week or so has been over-the-top busy here and writing has fallen by the wayside.  So I told myself that I was going to sit down and write a blog post this morning, even if it took me all day.  Which it probably will.  {I just stopped after writing those last three sentences...three sentences(!)...because Gerry woke up and the production of getting him out of his crib, dressed, and downstairs began}


1.  Bailey had her first Sweet and Sassy Experience, and it was awesome.  For those of you who don't know what Sweet and Sassy is, it's basically a day spa for little girls.  You walk in the door and you're immediately {pleasantly} assaulted by all things girly and pink and sparkly.  The girls can get their hair and {minimal} makeup done, manicures and pedicures, hair cuts, up-dos, ride in the Sweet and Sassy limo, and of course there's a small runway where they can strut their stuff when all is said and done. 

The store nearest to us was doing free up-dos and limo rides last weekend so I took Bailey and, being the girly-girl that she is, she LOVED it.  I can't get the girl to sit still long enough to throw her hair up in a ponytail, but she sat for more than 15 minutes here while the girls sprayed and bobby pinned and gave her an elaborate ballerina bun 'do.  Add in some cupcake scented hair glitter and a little bit of butterfly makeup on her cheek and my girl was thrilled. I found a Groupon a few weeks ago and nabbed it, so we made an appointment for her to get her hair done and a manicure for her birthday next month.




She wouldn't let me take wash or comb her hair the next day..."But, mom, my princess hair is BEAUTIFUL!"





She had a blast in the limo...music blaring, pink and green lights, and mirrors--what more could a girl want?




2.  I'm LOVING that the weather is finally getting nice and staying nice.   We've been spending lots of time outside and both kids have a blast running around and chasing Ryder in our backyard. 


 
I'll never stop laughing at G's face in this picture...NEVER



3.  Some friends and I are having brunch tomorrow morning and I'm ridiculously excited about it.  Coffee, food, good friends, and a chance to unwind after the work week?  Yes, please!  We're all contributing something {the other girls are actually COOKING something, and I commend them for it.  I hate cooking and, let's face it, I'm not that great at it so I will be BUYING something...thank you, Suzy Jo!}  It'll be nice to have some grown-up time, even though both kids will be with me, and to get out of daycare provider mode....I'm excited!


4.  Bailey is getting better and better at tee ball.  She's enjoying it more and she's finally gotten the hang of hitting the ball and running the bases.  Last night, her coach helped her field a ball {usually, the boys on the team get to the balls in the field before she can} and she couldn't stop talking about it on the way home.  "Did you see it, mom?  Did you see me throw it to first base?  Coach Dave helped me!"  I love that she's having fun and learning more about the sport.  Hopefully, this is something she'll want to stick with.


5.  Tomorrow is Mother's Day.  And Scott won't be here.  He and a few of his buddies planned a "guys weekend" months ago for this weekend and the date was picked before anyone realized what weekend it was {not that it stopped them from going}.  Scott's looking forward to it, and I get needing some time with the guys, but really?  Mother's Day weekend?  The one day where mothers are supposed to be recognized for all they do, and I'll be home alone with 2 kids and no husband.  For two days.  I hate to sound like a petulant little kid, but...it's not fair!  {end whiney rant}


 photo BLOGSIG_zpsfe229c1c.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who loves comments? I do!