Friday, May 16, 2014

Five On Friday

This week was a solemn one for me.  A friend of mine lost her husband this past Sunday, and I've been feeling so sad for her and her kids since I heard the news....if nothing else, I need this post to remind me of some of the positives of the week.

1Bailey drew a picture of me.  And she proudly stated that "This is you, Mommy.  And you look like a princess!"  I love when she does stuff like this all on her own.  Not only because she's drawing people {albeit, armless and body-less people}, but because she's so proud of it and of herself.  And what more can I ask for?





2 Gerry has the BEST giggle.  Seriously.  It's the best little giggle and I can't get enough of it.  And pretty much everything amuses him. I can't even tell you what he was laughing at in this picture {my nose, maybe?} but I CAN tell you that it made my day and took my mind off of some of the heavier things weighing on me that day.





3.  Bailey loves wearing glasses.  She doesn't need them {these are mine}, but she gets the biggest kick out of wearing them and then doing something "studious" like sitting down at the computer.  Yesterday, I caught her making smiling faces and winking at herself in the mirror while sporting the specs. 





 4.  Gerry is obsessed with dogs.  And banging on windows.  So imagine his utter joy when he just happened to see a dog passing by with its owner while he was banging on the window yesterday.  He started smacking the window even harder and yelling, "Doggy!  Woof!  Woof, doggy!"  Every time he says the word "doggy" I can't help but smile.  He pronounces it dow-GEE...with a southern twang and lots emphasis on the last syllable and he gets ridiculously excited whenever he sees one.




5.  This quote.   I've been feeling a bit down the last couple of weeks and I found this quote by pure accident this morning.  Something I {we all} need to remember daily.  I spend so much time worrying about my weight and the way I look and whether or not I've been a good mom on any given day that I don't take the time to remind myself that I am enough.  Just the way I am.  Words of wisdom, people.  Words of wisdom





 photo BubblegumSignature_zps7987de4b.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who loves comments? I do!