Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Preschool!

Bailey started her very first week of preschool last week.  Granted, her "preschool" is in our home, but it's preschool all the same.  She was soooo excited the first morning.  Had her back pack ready the night before, got a brand new "first day of school" outfit from Mimom, and was all set to go.  :-)  She did so much better that I was expecting her to!  I was kind of nervous as to how she'd react, seeing as how (1) it's school at home and (2) she's pretty strong-willed, and wants to do what she wants when she wants.  I was totally expecting her to just decide that she didn't want to do it.  But she surprised me!

She woke up and was super excited to "go to school", and she just kept getting more and more excited as her friends got here.  She participated in all activities, answered questions, and had a blast doing our art projects...I was very pleasantly surprised!  And, of course, her favorite part of the whole day was putting on her backpack (Minnie Mouse, thank you very much).  In all, we have 5 kids in our preschool class this year and most of them did great.  I, on the other hand, am exhausted!  Between creating a curriculum from scratch, getting all the materials we'll need for our projects, teaching preschool while still running the daycare...I'm just wiped out by noon every day.  It doesn't help that ALL of the kids are back in full force, either.  There are two that I'm definitely looking to replace(for my own sanity, as well as for personal reasons) and one that I'm on the fence about.  The rest of the group has been great, and I'm thankful to have found such good kids and parents. 

Wanna check out some photos from the first day?  Yeah, you do!


She was SUPER excited to show off her new backpack...Minnie Mouse!

Bailey and her cousin, Madison


They did great at Circle Time!  Now making "Fruit Loop Letter A's".


Fun with playdoh!


And after a hard day of ABCs and 123s, Bailey unwinds...with a bowl of cereal and a bottle of wine.  ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Who loves comments? I do!