Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Heart Study Results

I'm only now realizing that I never came back to post the good news about the heart study I had done a couple weeks ago.  Everything looks great!  The baby, as usual, was moving all over the place and basically making it difficult for the ultrasound tech to get the measurements she needed.  But she got them eventually, and the doctor confirmed that baby looks wonderful.  Relief!

I have to get ultrasounds every 4 weeks from now until the bitter end just to check growth and whatnot, but everyone is confident that everything is going just as it should be, and I couldn't be happier about that.  I kind of feel like all these extra ultrasounds are unnecessary (and kind of pain in the ass because I have to find a back-up to cover the daycare/preschool every time I go), but, on the plus side, I'll get a few more pictures of my little guy every time I go.  :-) 

Next up:  the dreaded glucose test.  Can you tell I'm not a fan?  I remember when I had it done with Bailey...the gross taste of the sugary crap I had to drink, the instant it kicked in and Bailey started going nuts and using my uterus as her own personal gymnastics space, the feeling of intense nausea a little while after I drank the stuff, and then the paranoia when Bailey all of a sudden stopped moving for a few hours afterward.  What mother wouldn't want to send her unborn baby into a sugar coma, right? 

At least I know what to expect this time around...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who loves comments? I do!