Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Rolie Polie Olie

Baby G decided that, after 19 weeks of laying low, he wants to make it known that he's here and he means business.  For the LONGEST time all I've felt we're little rolls, maybe a twist or two, but nothing more.  When I was pregnant with Bailey, I felt her moving a few weeks sooner and, since they say that subsequent pregnancies will feel movement even sooner, I was starting to get worried when I hit 18 weeks and hadn't felt much more than the occasional roll.

Then yesterday G decided he'd cut me a break and let me know that all is well in there (maybe he's just been feeling lazy up to this point?).  If I go by my original due date of December 25th, I was 19 weeks exactly yesterday.  They changed it at my level 2 ultrasound, though, to December 22nd.  So, technically, I was 19w 3d along yesterday.  In any case, the baby spent most of the day giving me little kicks and nudges, and there was no mistaking that it was him!  At one point it was so hard and unexpected that I literally stopped what I was in the middle of doing.  It's so very nice to finally be feeling some actual movement!

And in case you're wondering...here's what I'm dealing with over here:


A MONSTER FOOT.  Just like Scott's and nearly identical to Bailey's (to this day we have a hard time finding shoes that fit comfortably on her feet).  I'm in for some discomfort in the coming months if this is what's
going to be kicking me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who loves comments? I do!