Friday, August 10, 2012

Mourning the Loss...

...of all things girly!

Scott and I went to Babies R Us a few days ago to get an idea of what we wanted to do for the baby's room.  While we were there, we decided to check out the clothes and see about getting an outfit to bring him home in.  My eyes immediately gravitated toward the girls section:  colorful, ruffly, adorable and HUGE.  The girls section took up more than half of the clothing section, and the clothes were adorable.  I kept remembering all the outfits Bailey wore as a baby...all the butt ruffles...the pretty little dresses and onesies with little sayings on them.  "Daddy's Princess".  "Mommy's Angel".  And so on and so on.

And then I looked at the boys section.

This section took up less than half of the space and was pretty monotone.  No butt ruffles, no pretty little dresses.  They did have quite an array of sweatpants and plain onesies.  There was a frightening amount of camo and hunting outfits.

*Insert sad face here*

I'm mourning the loss of the sweet little girl clothes.  I honestly didn't think that I would be so sad about something as ridiculous as what clothes I was going to put on my son.  Actually, I hadn't even thought about it until we walked in the store and I saw the difference in clothing.  But now I'm sad and pretty bummed.  Granted, we've only looked at the one store, and I'm sure that when the time comes I'll be able to find tons of cute outfits for G.  But he'll never wear a pair of frilly tights under a dress.  I'll never search for the perfect pair of shiny mary janes to go with his Easter dress.  I'll never buy bows and headbands and ponytail holders to put in his hair.  He'll be stuck with boring browns and blues and maybe some red tossed in. 

I'm hoping that this is some sort of hormonal lapse and that I'll get it together soon and realize how absolutely ridiculous I'm being.  But for now, I'm going to embrace my sadness.

Scott and I did manage to find two outfits we could agree on and that didn't totally suck...

Scott picked this one out.  The logo up top says  "Mommy's Little Monkey"

And I picked this one...footballs!








          

1 comment:

  1. Another reason why I've always wanted a girl!!! The worst is finding dress clothes, for Christmas or something fancy--the cute but boring button down shirts and corduroys just don't do it like a fluffy lacy little girls Christmas dress!

    I will say though, it is fun finding cute tshirts with catchy phrases, and I've become kind of a shoe fanatic for Eli. Since I'm not a fan of camo or extra sporty prints, Eli usually ends up in jeans or khakis, so the shoes can make the outfit in that sense! Check out the children's place and 77 kids (both in the kop mall). They have the cutest boys clothes in my opinion. Old navy is also great, esp for good sales!!

    ReplyDelete

Who loves comments? I do!