Friday, May 27, 2011

11 Months

Bailey is 11 months old today!  I still can't believe that in just a few short weeks she'll be a year old.  I know I say this every month (actually, it seems more like daily), but it feels like just yesterday and I honestly can't believe how fast it's gone by.

Bailey's decided that she wants to learn to do EVERYTHING right away.  She's mastered climbing the stairs (thank goodness for baby gates), she pulls up on everything and will "cruise" along the furniture or the wall.  She walks if someone is holding her hands, she's drinking out of her sippy cup very well (although not drinking as much as we'd like her to).  She's crawling like a mad woman and getting into everything -- drawers, cabinets, underneath tables...you name it, she'll explore and destroy it!  In between all her moving and grooving, though, she's started to have some cuddly moments and I can't get enough of them.  She'll crawl over to me and put her head in my lap and go, "Ahh-ahh" (the same sound Scott and I make when we're showing her how to "touch nice" instead of slapping at people).  When I lift her out of the crib after naps or bedtime she always pats my back and says, "Ahh-ahh".  Every time I'm feeling stressed or like I need a break, I just think about that and it brings me back to center.

Speaking of being brought back to center...the little darling is now awake and calling "Mamamama!" from her crib.  That's my cue to go!  Just to tide you over until next time...
Sweetie Pie in pig tails
On one of her search and destroy missions










No comments:

Post a Comment

Who loves comments? I do!