Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Quick Recap

Hey, long time no post!  Nothing too interesting has happened in the last few weeks, unless you count the fact that Bailey got a BEAUTIFUL rug burn under her right eye the other day.  Long story short, I'm SUCH an attentive mom that I watched her climbing the stairs for a full 10 seconds before I remembered that she's not totally good at it yet.  As I'm pondering the ramifications of my not-quite-one-year-old single handedly climbing a flight of stairs when she can't even stand alone or walk yet, my little one is ever-so-slowly barrelling down said flight of stairs.  She fell from the fourth step up, so not a major fall, but she landed directly on her face and slid an inch or two along the carpet.  Poor thing...but she didn't cry!  Just rolled over, crawled back to the stairs and started climbing them again like if she acted like falling on her face was no big deal then it didn't really happen, you know?

We're going away to the Outer Banks in a few weeks, and the more Bailey starts moving the more I need to add to my list.  Baby gates and outlets covers and corner guards, oh my!  It's a wonder I'm not thinner by now, the way I've been chasing her around.  I'm at a loss as to what I should be packing for her.  The "resort" (I guess you'd call it?) rents out baby stuff like gates and strollers and whatnot, but we're on our own as far as baby-proofing items, food, etc.  We'll have to pack lots of clothes for her, sunscreen, her bathing suits, toys, pool float, pack-n-play...the list is endless.  I've already resigned myself to the fact that I'm going to forget at least a quarter of whatever's on the list.  But I'm sure that whatever I forget we'll be able to get (or improvise) while we're down there.  I'm so excited to be going...we NEED a vacation desperately.  And I can't wait to get Bailey to the beach!  Now if only I could find a bathing suit for myself that covers the problem areas but doesn't scream "I've packed on the pounds and am now paying for it in this bathing suit".  Anybody have an idea where I can find something like that? All suggestions are welcome!  Seriously.  All suggestions.  I'm getting desperate.

At least Bailey is back to sleeping through the night for us.  Hopefully, she'll keep it up while we're away...did I mention that I can't wait?  :-)

Also, here's just a little something to wet your whistle.  Enjoy!

Sweetheart




That would be my beautiful little girl in the foreground.  And my studly husband in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who loves comments? I do!