Monday, May 9, 2011

My First Mother's Day

This was my first "official" Mother's Day, and it was great!  The 3 of us (yes, you read that correctly...ALL 3 OF US) went to church in the morning, then the Storti family all went out for breakfast afterwards.  The Wanners came over mid-morning and we took them out for brunch to celebrate, then came back to our house, made some coffee, and just hung out for a bit.  Then we went to my parents' house for a bbq in the afternoon.  It was a day filled with family and fun, and I wouldn't have had it any other way.

I wasn't expecting anything (although, I did mention that I wouldn't mind something!), but I got spoiled this year.  Here's a picture of what Bailey made me:


Scott made me a video that almost brought me (the unemotional non-crier) to tears.  My parents gave me lotion, body wash and hand sanitizer (comes in very handy in my line of work!) and my sister and brother-in-law gave me a coffee mug that says #1 Mom filled with candy.  Lots of wonderful and unexpected gifts.  

And here was my #1 present:

Notice the bruise on her head.  She took a tumble into the table and whacked it pretty good.  The perils of mobility!  And because I just can't get enough, here are a few more photos of my little sweetie pie.

Her first time seeing Big Bird on tv

Most girls love to talk on the phone.  Mine would prefer to eat it.

Mommy and Bailey




And I can't forget to mention how kind Scott was to keep an eye on Bailey for me so I could relax for awhile.

Yes...that would be a laundry basket she's in...poor thing.

All in all, I had a great first Mother's Day, and I feel blessed to be able to celebrate being a mother.  I hope you all had a great day, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who loves comments? I do!