Thursday, March 20, 2014

Throwback Thursday




Check out these beach babes!

As usual, I'm not 100% on dates here, but I'm thinking this picture was taken in the late '80s.  My sister {on the left} looks to be about 2 years old, which would make me 3.  And that's my mom smiling behind us because we're such awesome kids.  {insert sarcasm font here

Look at the big cheesy grin on my face.  I'm thrilled, probably, because (1) I'm buried in the sand which, to any 3-year-old, is an awesome time; and (2) because my sister has a mouthful of sand {check out her face} which I was mature enough, even then, to know is not a viable option for eating.  She's a lot thinner than me now, though, so maybe I should have eaten more sand as a kid.

Awesomely enough, more than 25 years after this picture was taken we still go to the beach for vacation each year.  Back then, there were just a few of us -- my mom, my sister and I, my grandparents, and maybe an aunt or uncle.  Now, though, we go as a gang.  My parents, my brother and sister and me, our husbands and {my brother's} fiance, our grandparents, 2 sets of aunts and uncles,  3 cousins, and 4 grandkids.  We travel in a pack these days!

And I couldn't be happier about it. 
 photo WWMOISignature_zps47fa453e.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who loves comments? I do!