Friday, March 7, 2014

Friday: Our Week In Review

First things first.  Scott and I are planning a date night tonight, and I'm ridiculously excited about it.  No kids all night.  Alcohol will be involved.  Fun will be had.

Starbucks has recently come out with pink cozys (cozies?) for their hot beverages and I love them.  I'm not a pink person, but I AM a coffee lover, and this pink cozy wrapped around my mocha last night made me incredibly happy.  It's the little things, guys.



Speaking of coffee, check out my handsome Friday morning coffee date.


He's usually up fairly early, so we enjoy coffee (for me) and a bottle (for him) together when he wakes up and before our day gets crazy.  When he finishes his bottle, he likes to pretend to drink from my coffee mug.  And I let him, even though there's usually still a sip of lukewarm decaf left in there.  Start 'em early, I say!

While we're on the subject of Little Man...he's been soooo clingy lately.  More so than usual.  To the point where I can't get anything done and most days I count the minutes until bed time.  He's walking now, but he constantly wants to be held and carried and God forbid I try to wash the dishes or go to the bathroom without him.  It drives me crazy sometimes, but then I realize that one day very, very soon he's not going to want me to carry him anymore.  He won't come to me and lift his arms up for me to hold him and he'll be running away from me before I know it.  So, as tiring as it can get, I lift him up.  I snuggle his little body close to me and I kiss his cheeks and I hold him until he squirms to get down.  And when he comes back to me 3 minutes later, whining and pulling on my pant legs wanting to be held again, I stop what I'm doing and I pick him up again.  And I snuggle him close and kiss his cheeks and hold him until he squirms to get down.  We dance this dance over and over and over again throughout the day, and we're both pros at the steps.

Bailey has become quite the daddy's girl lately, especially this past week.  She stops what she's doing in the middle of the day and tells me she misses him when he's at work, and when he gets home she wants hang all over him and talk a mile a minute about anything and everything.  She's nuts for him.


She's also really into using the computer these days.  She uses ABCMouse.com and she loves it.  Parents, this is a great learning website!  You have to pay for it, but it keeps her occupied and she's learning and really enjoying it.  I highly recommend it!


Also, she got busted drinking my coffee the other day and, because it's what I do, I took a picture of her face when I caught her.


Not too much else going on these days, though there's also never a dull moment in our house.  Til next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Who loves comments? I do!