Thursday, March 27, 2014

Throwback Thursday: My Little Lady

Oooh, I hope you don't mind looking at a ridiculous amount of pictures today.  I couldn't pick just one, so they're all here.


 These photos are all from January 2013.  Gerry was born the same weekend that friends of ours got married, and Bailey was their flower girl.  G and I were still in the hospital the day of the wedding and missed it, but Scott took Bailey and we got some adorable pictures of her.  This photo was of her getting ready for the wedding in my hospital room {note G in his bassinette in the background}.  My sister had just finished doing Bailey's hair and my mom was showing her how to put on perfume "like a big girl".  





I wasn't sure how she'd do, walking down the aisle all by herself in front of a ton of people she didn't know.  She's not the quietest kid, but she gets shy in front of crowds, and we hadn't exactly practiced being a flower girl.  I distinctly remember sitting in my hospital room, nursing Gerry and wondering how she was doing.  Did she walk?  Was she scared?  Did she miss me?




She did it!  This is one of my favorite pictures from that day.  If you look closely, you can see our friend Diana pointing ahead and telling Bailey that's where to go.  I love the unpredictability of toddlers, and I think it's adorable that she saw someone she recognized and thought, Oh hey, this looks like a good place to stop. 

Every time I look at these pictures, I remember exactly how I felt that day.  I was so, so sad that I couldn't be at that wedding with her and watch her walk down that aisle.  I was so happy that I'd be bringing home her baby brother the next day.  I was so incredibly in awe of how beautiful and graceful she looked at not-even three years old.

And I remember feeling such intense pride.  Look at her!  How could I not be proud of her that day?  We had just tossed a new sibling into her world, she was missing her mommy, and she was surrounded by a bunch of people she didn't know.  I can't believe how great she did.


And I was so proud of Scott, too.  He shuttled her back and forth from my parents' house to home to the hospital to the rehearsal venue to the wedding venue and back home again completely on his own.  He stood outside in the cold while Bailey got her picture taken with the bridal party and he was her date for the rest of the night.  We had some help from my mom and my sister the day of the wedding, but other than that he was 100% on his own, and he did it flawlessly.  For weeks after the wedding, Bailey would ask "Remember that time I was a princess and you were my prince and we went to the wedding?"  He was exhausted by the end of the weekend, but he did a fantastic job. 




She wasn't crying...it was just REALLY cold outside





 




 




Ahhh...my girl.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who loves comments? I do!