Monday, September 16, 2013

Our Week In Review

My last few posts have been nothing but Blogging With a Purpose, which I love, but I feel like I'm kind of neglecting the "original" theme of this blog, which is tracking our daily lives.  I still have a few BWAPs to catch up on, but for now I want to share some "family-oriented" things.

Bailey drew a picture of me the other day, and I almost cried at how wonderful it was.  In typical toddler fashion, it's pretty much just a big head with giant eyes and 2 sticks poking out from underneath...but it's hers.  Six months ago...hell, two months ago...she was still just making scribbles and random lines on her paper so when she said, "Look, Mommy, I made a picture of you!" I was expecting more of the same-- a line or four on her paper...maybe a squiggle or a circle here and there.  Imagine my surprise when I looked down and saw what resembled an actual person!  I squealed.  Literally.  I was shocked and she was so proud of herself.  Now, I know she's no Van Gogh, but she's my little artist, and I'm ridiculously proud of her.  Right now her masterpiece is hanging on the fridge, but I'm going to take it a step further and frame it.  I know, I know...but it's happening.





We celebrated Scott's 31st birthday on Friday (and Saturday and Sunday).  My mom and dad watched the kids so he and I could go out to dinner, and we had a great time.  We brought home a small dessert, lit a few candles and sang Happy Birthday to him...and, of course, Bailey blew out the candles.  Then Saturday, we went to lunch with Scott's parents, and Sunday was dinner with my side of the family.  So, more cake...not that I'm complaining!


Speaking of Scott...

He's lost 90lbs since starting Isagenix in May.  90lbs!  I still can't get over how awesome he's doing.  He pretty much needs a whole new wardrobe since all his old clothes are hanging off of him now.  He's healthier and happier and I'm so incredibly proud of him.  It's not easy to do, but he's sticking with it and also doing the Insanity program...all while working, coaching and helping to raise two kids.  He amazes me.  <3

Gerry is close to crawling these days.  He's pulling himself up on his arms and kicking his legs, but he doesn't quite have the hang of getting up on his knees yet.  He'll get there, but in the meantime I'm just enjoying watching him figure out all the ways his body can move and do things.

He's mastered clapping:


But dressing him in Redskins gear hasn't helped the team...



And me?  Well, I'm happy to say that I've lost almost 60lbs since Gerry was born.  I've still got 15 to go to get to my "goal weight", but I'm not complaining!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who loves comments? I do!