Thursday, October 3, 2013

Gerry: 9 Months Old


Gerry is 9 months old today, and what an amazing 9 months it's been!  I absolutely adore this boy, and I feel so lucky that I get to be his mommy.  He's got this amazing personality now and he's full of laughs and giggles, and I die from the cuteness of it all every single day.

No stats on weight or height just yet, but I'll update after his next doctor's appointment.  He's solid, though, I will say that!  He's still a great eater and has always been a good sleeper, although he's been waking up sometime between 2 and 5am to eat for the last few weeks.

He's started to roll around a lot, which means that he does that instead of going to sleep right away, both at bedtime and for nap time.  I constantly find him like this on the video monitor:


Just laying there, staring at the camera.  He scoots and rolls all over the crib before finally dozing off.  And the noise!  I swear, this boy has no concept of quiet.  He does this screech thing that reminds Scott and me of a trapped pterodactyl-- not out of anger or distress, but simply because he can.  And it's loud.  But he's happy!

His total inability to keep still has finally resulted in him "crawling".  It's more like scooting across the floor using sheer upper body strength...but he still gets to where he wants to go!  And now that he can, nothing and no one is safe.  It's time to seriously baby-proof the house.


He's also got this goofy, Woody Woodpecker-type laugh these days, and I find it absolutely adorable.  He thinks just about everything is funny, so we're treated to his little giggles on a regular basis.



And, as always, he and Bailey are best buds.  She's so different with him than she is with other kids, and even with herself.  The other day, she was building a tower with Legos and it kept falling over.  She freaked out every time, yelling out loud and smacking her hands on the floor.  But when Gerry scooted over and knocked her tower over?  In a soft crooning voice:  "Aww, it's okay, Handsome.  Accidents happen."  I love seeing their faces light up when they see each other, and I love how they interact together, especially now that Gerry's got more mobility and more of a personality.



I say this every day, and I'll continue to say it:  I am so lucky.  So lucky that I get to be their mommy.  So lucky that they're mine and that they love each other.  So lucky that I have two happy kids.  They are pure bliss wrapped up in two adorably small packages, and I love watching them grow.




Making funny faces!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who loves comments? I do!