Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Grabby Girl

It's 7am and Bailey is still sleeping.  No, she didn't sleep through the night last night...we're hoping that by the time she goes to Kindergarten we'll get a solid 8 hours out of her.  She was up a good 3 times last night.  Scott and I tried our modified cry-it-out.  She would doze off each time but then wake up again just a few minutes later.  At 3:30, I had Scott make her a bottle and I gave it to her in her crib while she was propped up on the Boppy.  She took the bottle and passed out in about 3 minutes, and has been sleeping soundly ever since.  I ran in to check on her a few minutes ago, and she's sleeping on her side holding onto her lovey with one arm and sucking her thumb.  So, so adorable.

Scott and I are noticing her moving and reaching for things A LOT more lately.  We had an impromptu dinner out last night, and she was sitting next to Scott in a highchair.  I had just finished feeding her, so Scott and I were starting on our own meals while Bailey played with her linking rings.  The next thing we knew, she had dropped the rings on the floor, reached over and grabbed Scott's plate.  She had Jack Daniels sauce all over her hands, and the plate almost on the floor...punk.  She's started doing this often now, where she'll just reach out and grab anything in her grasp.  This includes the table cloth (which she's pulled off on many occasions), cell phones, silverware, necklaces, and my hair.  I love that she's discovering what her hands can do...but could definitely do with a little less tugging of the hair!

Bailey has also started giving "kisses".  It's more like she grabs your face and leans in with her mouth wide open, but she does it when you say "Bailey, give mommy kisses", so I'm taking it for what (I like to think) it is!  She's also in a "mommy phase" right now.  For the last couple weeks, she's only wanted me.  When Scott picks her up, she's okay for a minute, then leans over and fusses, holding her arms out to me.  Same thing when other people hold her, or when I'm sitting near her on the floor.  I secretly love it, but I feel bad for Scott.  When she was just a few months old, she definitely showed a preference for her daddy and I hated it, so I know how he's feeling.  

Right now, she's sitting next to me (having woken up a little while ago) and is grabbing at my laptop.  Maybe she's looking for something to sink her tooth into.  Maybe she wants to watch it flip open and closed.  Maybe she just wants to update her Facebook status...who knows?  In any case, she's about to delete this entire post, so I better go.  

Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who loves comments? I do!