Saturday, February 5, 2011

A Glimpse Into the Future

Last night I got a glimpse into Bailey's (and our) future and boy are we in trouble!  Bailey and I went to Marple to watch the Coaches vs. Cancer basketball game that Scott was clocking.  We caught the 8pm game (thankfully, Bailey took a late nap, so she wasn't grumpy at all!) and sat right behind Scott and the announcer.  Between both teams (the other team had coaches that only screamed), both sets of fans, music, etc. it was quite a noisy place to be on a Friday night!  I was worried that the noise would bother or scare Bailey, but she loved it.  She walked in the gym with a big smile on her face, and everyone who stopped us was treated to one of her huge smiles, complete with tongue sticking out. 

She hung out for the first quarter or so of the game...but then the boys behind us caught her eye.  She immediately started squirming in my arms and trying to get to them.  I turned her around, and took a quick peek.  Luckily, they seemed like a nice group of boys, about 9- or 10-years-old.  They were soooo sweet to her, telling me how adorable she was and asking me her name.  "Hi, Bailey!", "You're so cute, Bailey!" they kept saying.  Bailey kept smiling and making eyes at them, reaching out her hands to grab their fingers and holding out her arms for them.  She spent most of the second half of the game flirting with these boys, while Scott and I spent the second half shaking our heads and praying that she's a little less obvious by the time she's fifteen.

She was pretty bummed at the end of the game (which we lost, by the way) when her posse of boys had to leave and go home, but she handled it well.  She bounced back pretty quickly and, on our way out,  found an "older man" to flirt with in the form of Scott's friend and co-worker, Christian.  Little does she know he's getting married this summer...

And so Scott and I got our first glimpse into what the teen years will be like with our flirtatious little girl.  Luckily, we've got a few years before we have to really start worrying about the boys.  I must say, though, that neither on of us is particularly looking forward to that.  But, I guess we'll just cross that bridge when we come to it!

1 comment:

  1. hahahaha...she is too funny!...while reading this all i could hear in the back of my head was..."your a heartbreaker, dream maker, love taker don't you mess around with me" haha<3

    ReplyDelete

Who loves comments? I do!