Wednesday, February 9, 2011

7 Month Stats

Bailey had her 7-month check-up a few days ago and it went well!  She now weighs 18lbs. 4oz. and is 27inches long.  She got her last shot (we staggered her vaccines so that she never got more than one at a time) until the next round of vaccines at 12 months, and she doesn't go back to the doctor (barring any colds/illness) for another two months.  She cried when she got her shot, but I think it was more because she wasn't expecting it than anything.  She was totally fine after the needle went in, but she had this look of surprise on her face for a good few seconds, like she wasn't sure what to make of it, before she cried.  But she did great, and the tears stopped as soon as I picked her up.  All in all, a good visit.

At the risk of jinxing myself, I'd like to post that Bailey is FINALLY SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT!!!  She has slept no less than 9 full hours each night for the last four nights, not even waking up for her bink.  She's even started falling asleep on her own, which is fantastic.  She'll have her nighttime bottle, and usually dozes off while she's drinking it.  But lately, she's been semi-awake and sort of sleepily playful afterward.  Lots of smiling and sleepy giggles.  I indulge her (and myself) for awhile, smiling and cooing back and then, after a few minutes, I take her upstairs and lay her in her crib.  She laughs one more time, then grabs her lovey, rolls over, and just passes out.  I'm really loving this new nighttime routine.  And I'm so proud of her for doing it all by herself! 

I was invited to a movie and drinks for a mommies night out this Friday, and I'm excited!  But, strangely, kind of nervous, too.  I know it sounds stupid and I know that I need to go out and take a "mommy break".  But I feel kind of guilty, too.  Is that weird?  I love spending my time with Bailey, and I feel bad going out and leaving her at home.  I'm sure a therapist would have a field day with this one!  Sounds like I may have an unusual and somewhat unhealthy attachment to my baby...

Depending on Scott's plans, I'll probably go.  Hopefully, he has nothing going on (no games to clock, meetings for work, etc.) so he can stay with Bailey.  We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who loves comments? I do!