Thursday, June 27, 2013

Happy Birthday, Baby!




This was my Facebook status this morning:

3 years ago today the world got a little bit crazier, a little bit funnier, and a WHOLE LOT better...Happy Birthday, Bailey!

My baby is 3 years old today.  3...YEARS...OLD.  Where has the time gone?  Just yesterday, I was holding her newborn sweetness in my arms and then I blinked and she's a big girl. And what a big girl she is...talking like a young adult, running around like a crazy person, and doing all these independent things.  She knows what she wants, what she likes and dislikes, and she's not afraid to express herself in whatever way she needs to.  She is amazing.  Amazing

The day she was born I had no clue what to expect.  She had spent more than 9 months inside of me and, yet, I didn't know a thing about her.  I was clueless as to what foods she would like, what she'd look like, her personality.  I didn't know her like I do now.

I adore the little girl that she is.

She's loud and crazy and I can't for the life of me get her to slow down sometimes.  She loves fruits and veggies, popsicles and chocolate.  She's into all things girly--makeup, tiaras, dresses.  She has her own sense of style (last night she wore a tutu to bed) and hates having her hair pulled up.  Her brother is one of her very favorite people in this world.  She plays with her ear when she's tired (as I write this, she's lying next to me and playing with my ear, having gotten bored with her own), and she's ridiculously attached to her bink.

She doesn't do anything halfway, whether it be loving, playing, having a tantrum, laughing or crying.  She's an "all or nothing" kind of girl.  She's quick to share with others, but she also sometimes has a hard time giving up something she really wants.  She has so many moments of sweetness, but also quite a few moments of "toddler tantruming".

 She is the most wonderful daughter a mother could ask for and I love her so much it hurts.  The last three years have been incredible and I feel lucky that I've gotten to spend them with this little girl.  It just gets better and better!

Happy 3rd Birthday, big girl!

The day she was born








Happy 1st Birthday!










At her 2nd birthday party












3rd birthday party










No comments:

Post a Comment

Who loves comments? I do!