Monday, September 12, 2011

Bananas!

Just a quick post between chasing Bailey around and getting dinner ready!

Bailey made her first REAL word association this afternoon and I'm so proud of her!  I say "real" because she says "daddy" and knows that it means Scott and she says "mom" for me.  But she's never said any other words and shown an understanding of what they mean without being prompted first.  But she did it today!

I started dinner in the kitchen and she followed me in there.  She was playing with Cooper for a bit and then she walked over to the counter, pointed to a bunch of bananas and said, "Nana!  Nana!"  She knew what they were!  I asked her if she wanted a banana and she said, "Peas! (please)".  I'm so proud of her!  She's really starting to grasp language!

Which means that I'll have to start cleaning up my own language...the last thing I need is her walking around the house muttering "shit" because she heard me say it earlier.

On a completely unrelated note, tomorrow is Scott's birthday!  He'll be 29 this year and, even though he'll never admit it, I know he looks forward to his birthday every year...much like a child does.  :-)

He's stuck working all day and he's got football at night, so my plan is to wake up early tomorrow morning and make him breakfast (eggs, toast, fruit and coffee) in bed.  I'll pack him a lunch, then make a nice dinner and a cake for when he comes home.  Yes, you read that right.  I'll be baking a cake...a spice cake, no less!  Check back later in the week to see how it came out!

I'm off now to finish dinner...as soon as I pull Bailey off the table she's figured out how to climb onto.  Speaking of bananas...

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who loves comments? I do!