Friday, November 1, 2013

Flame-Free Friday!



*sigh*  Yesterday was Halloween and I'm exhausted!  Bailey was so keyed up that she didn't get to bed until super late (what else is new?) and Gerry has been going through some sleep regression, so he was up about 3 times.  I need sleep!  So I'm just going to jump right into my "confessions"...after these pictures from last night's Halloween festivities.

Superman

Wonder Woman



******************************************************************

Okay.  Moving on.  I confess...


...that I exacted revenge on a child.  Last week we met friends for a play date at the mall's play place.  As is typical for a Friday night, the play place was crowded, and there were a couple of rowdy older kids playing roughly amid all the little ones.  The kids were about 8 or 9, bigger, louder, and rougher than the rest of the group, and their parents either weren't there or didn't care that their little hooligans were terrorizing a play area geared toward much younger kids.  Anyway, I was sitting on a bench chatting with a friend and watching Bailey and her buddy play out of the corner of my eye, and watched these big kids plow into her and knock her flat on her ass a good 4 or 5 times.  Each time, she just got right back up and kept on playing with her friend, fairly unbothered by it all, so I didn't draw any extra attention to it.  Instead, I kept on sipping my coffee and chatting with my friend's husband...and waiting.  I saw the big kid running over from my right, so --quickly and without breaking conversation-- I stuck my foot out and tripped the kid.  He went down hard, a few of the other kids laughed, and I pretended like I didn't even see it.  He ran out of the play place, and we didn't see him again the rest of the night.  I don't condone "violence" or embarrassing others, but I'd do it again if I had to.  I hate punk kids ruining the fun for everyone else.  

...that Gerry peed through his pajamas in the middle of the night last week, and I just threw a clean blanket over it and went back to sleep.  It was roughly 2:45am, I had been up an hour earlier with Bailey, and I just didn't feel like spending the extra 10 minutes changing the sheets in his crib.  So I changed him into clean jammies, threw a thick blanket over the wet sheets, and put him back to sleep.  (I did change and wash all the sheets the next day).

...that I told Bailey she could only eat one piece of her Halloween candy last night, then when she went to bed I ate 6 fun-size candy bars.  I guess I owe her some chocolate.

...that Gerry almost fell down a flight of stairs because I wasn't paying attention.  It's been awhile since I had to keep a close eye on Bailey and the stairs, and I just spaced.  The basement door was wide open and I just happened to catch a glimpse of Gerry, arms and torso hanging over the top step, out of the corner of my eye.  I dove and grabbed his foot just as he was about to go tumbling down, and he just giggled like it was the most fun he's had in all his life...like a possible broken neck was just a game.  I forgot how fast he can drag himself places these days.

...that I went to the store the other day for a few Halloween treats for the kids and ended up buying a book for myself.  We really didn't have the extra money for me to spend, and I have about 64,000 books on the Kindle...but I wanted that book and so I impulse-bought it before I could talk myself out of it.  Along with a new lipstick.  

...that we all went to a Halloween costume party last weekend and I agreed to dress up as Jenny Matrix from Commando (Scott went as Arnold) for the sole purpose that the costume required very little effort and was comfortable.  I didn't have to stress about looking fat in my costume (I wore overalls and goofy sneakers), I didn't have to wear special makeup, and I could just let my hair air-dry after a shower instead of spending time blow-drying and flat-ironing the hell out of it.  Best costume I've worn yet.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Who loves comments? I do!