Thursday, April 25, 2013

Playing Catch Up...Again

Last week the power cord to Scott's my laptop came to a sad and untimely death, complete with sparks and a foul smell.  So I've been without the laptop for almost 10 days now.  I could have easily updated the blog on my phone or kindle, but it's just much easier to do it on the computer.  So I hadn't written anything in awhile.  Not that much has happened, but still.

Shall I catch up with a bulleted list?  In the words of my niece, I don't see why not!

  • Gerry had a crappy night's sleep last night.  And the night before.  Which means that Scott and I had a crappy night's sleep.  We'd been the lucky the last 3 nights or so; he'd been sleeping about 6-8 hours solid.  Then last night I put him to bed just before 9.  He woke up at 1am.  And again at 2:15.  And again at 3.  And again at about 4:05.  And again just before 5.  It was like having a freakin' newborn all over again.  He sucked down 4oz every time he woke up, too, so it's not even like I could say he was just up to be up.  Poor boy was hungry!  "They" say that when a baby is going through a crappy sleep phase it means that he/she is mastering a new skill (ie; rolling, sitting up, etc.).  Well, I don't know what skill Gerry's working on, but it better be a doozy because I am not one for the zombie life. 
  • I have another appointment with the neurosurgeon next month.  I saw his nurse practitioner a few weeks ago and she ordered new x-rays and a new MRI, and then we'll schedule the surgery at my appointment in May.  I'm sort of, kind of, dreading it...and I'm definitely not looking forward to the recovery.  She says it shouldn't be too bad at all, but I know there won't be much "recovering" going on with two kids and a home daycare.  I am, however, very excited to possibly finally be pain-free...for the first time in about ten years!
  • Today is "Take your child to work" day.  Scott has a day full of meetings and won''t be teaching any classes, so he's taking Bailey in tomorrow morning instead.  Tonight when I was putting her to bed I reminded her that she was going to wake up early and go to work with daddy in the morning.  She got all excited, then gasped and said, "What am I gonna wear?!"  She ended up wearing the Hawaiian dress that Aunt Susan got her (she will wear this damn dress every day unless we sneak it into the laundry when she's not looking).
  • I've decided that I need to get Gerry used to napping in his crib instead of in the swing.  Which is going to suck.  He takes GREAT naps in the swing...I'm talking a good 2-3 hours at a time.  But he can't sleep in there forever.  Yesterday, I napped him in his crib for the first time ever...big fat fail.  He didn't sleep for more than 20 minutes at a time and every little noise woke him up.  He was exhausted by bedtime, and still didn't sleep well overnight.  Still super happy, though, as always!
Love his smile...and those chubby legs!

Enjoying some time in the exersaucer

Modeling for the camera

Siblings <3


I keep chuckling at Scott's photobomb here  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who loves comments? I do!