Monday, June 4, 2012

First World Problem

*sigh*

I've got a problem.  A goofy, stupid, means-nothing-in-the-grand-scheme-of-things problem. 

See, when I first started writing this blog it was meant to be completely about Bailey and our life now that we had a new baby.  I don't know how long I'd planned on writing it, but the thought of having another child had never entered my mind when I started.  Now that we've got another one on the way, though, do I keep the 365 Days Of Bailey as the title?  Do I change it to something else entirely?  Decision, decisions...

Please feel free to give me some advice in the comments section. 

On another note...
My new niece was born this weekend!  Saturday, June 2, 2010, Karley Jo was born at 5:01am weighing in at 6lbs. 5oz.  She's teeny and adorable and, for Meghan and Drew's sake, I hope she's as good a sleeper as her big sister Maddy.  No pictures on here because I haven't asked permission, but everyone who reads this blog (all 6 of you) are probably already Facebook friends with either Meg or Drew, so check out their photos there. 

And to take this post in yet another direction...
I have my second prenatal appointment tomorrow afternoon!  I'll be 11 weeks along and Scott and I are hoping to hear the heart beat...but I'm not expecting to.  With Bailey, we went to my 12 week appointment fully expecting to hear a heartbeat...and heard nothing.  Being the nervous first-time mom that I was, I completely freaked out and thought that I had somehow killed my baby and was walking around with a dead embryo inside of me.  The doctor took us to a back room, hooked me up to an ultrasound machine, and pointed out the beautiful blinking heartbeat just tick-tocking away.  It took another 4 weeks of waiting before we heard Bailey's heartbeat and I could relax and enjoy the pregnancy.

This time around, though, I'm hopeful but not expecting to hear anything at all.  I saw the heart beating away on my first ultrasound at 7 week, so I'm not as nervous as I'd normally be.  Plus, I figure I'm still carrying around an extra layer or two of fat from Bailey, so that'll probably muffle things a bit in there.  So, we'll see.  In any case, I'll update you all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who loves comments? I do!