Wednesday, April 20, 2011

On the Move!!

Bailey is officially on the move!

No, no...she's not walking yet.  Not even crawling, really.  But she IS moving.  I posted a few days ago about how Bailey had just started to sit up from a lying position on her own.  Well, that same afternoon, her grandparents had come over and were going to take her to their house for an overnight visit.  While we were sitting in the living room talking, Bailey rolled over onto her belly, put her arms out in front of her, and started dragging herself across the room...picture the "army crawl".  She did it so nonchalantly that, at first, I didn't take much notice of it.  But then it hit me...my baby, who just a few hours ago was doing nothing but rolling, just scooched all the way across the room!  She's been doing it ever since.  She can get to her hands and knees and she'll start rocking back and forth, but then she drops flat on her belly and goes into the army crawl.  Take it for what you will.  Scott and I are considering her mobile now!

On to Bailey's sleepover with her Mom-mom and Pop-pop...she had a blast, and slept through the night for them!  She hasn't slept through for us in about two or three weeks, and we've been chalking it up to her top teeth coming in.  Anyway, they took her to their mall and got her picture taken with the Easter Bunny there and she did great!  They got a picture for us, and she's got a big smile on her face.  Scott's mom said that Bailey didn't want to leave, so they ended up buying her a pretzel and sitting on a bench by the bunny so she could watch him for awhile.

Scott and I picked her up last night after my last daycare kid went home for the day, and I will never forget the greeting I got when Bailey saw me!  She got this instant look of recognition on her face and the BIGGEST smile...then started waving her arms and making all kinds of noises until I picked her up.  She missed us just as much as we missed her!  

There isn't too much else going on these days.  So far, with the exception of her teething, Bailey has been healthy and happy.  She loves to play in the tub (I still can't believe it, after how much she hated the tub when she was first born!), and will constantly flip herself onto her belly to try and play with the drain.  She's sort of, kind of, almost trying to pull up on things...but we'll take it one day at a time.  For now, she's happy and funny and we're just loving being with her.  Scott is on Spring Break this week, so I know they're enjoying having this time together.  It's wonderful to watch!

Here are just a few more pictures of Bailey that I can't help but share!



Waiting in line to see the Easter Bunny







Just because it's so cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who loves comments? I do!