Wednesday, April 27, 2011

It's Been 10 Months...

It's been 10 months since Bailey was born, and I'm still in awe of her every day.  She has SUCH a great personality, and I can't help but smile when I look at her.  We celebrated her first Easter on Sunday, and she joined in the celebration by crawling for the first time!  It was so cute to watch her go...but now she's into everything!  Yesterday, I left her in the living room with some toys while I ran upstairs to change.  I came back 2 minutes later, and she was gone.  I found her all the way in the kitchen (which is in  the back of the house) opening and closing my cabinet drawers.  She's a fast mover!

Her newest "trick" is that she's able to stand up now, though only in her crib.  Scott lowered the mattress Sunday night (not a moment too soon!), just because she was starting to get herself on to her knees and we knew standing was coming eventually.  Little did we know she'd be standing up in there the very next day!  I put her down for a nap, came downstairs to finish my coffee and looked at the video monitor...and she wasn't there.  I ran back upstairs to find her standing there in the corner of her crib, just out of sight of the camera.  She had the biggest smile on her face and started waving to me when I walked to the doorway.  You could just tell she was SO proud of herself!

Last night, Bailey went to bed at 9:30...waaaayy later than normal!  She and I met up with a friend for dinner and got home around 8:30.  I should have just changed her and put her right to bed, but she wanted to play and, well, I'm a sucker.  She loved crawling all the way to the edge of my bed and then leaning over the side just enough to get some momentum going before I caught her and tossed her back onto the bed.  She did this over and over again until we were both out of breath from giggling and laughing so hard.  It was one of many fun times I've had with her, and it still makes me smile when I think about the sound of her laughing and the little humming noises she made while crawling around the bed.  All that play tired her out, though, because she slept 10 full hours without waking up!

I still think of her as a miracle, and I feel incredibly lucky that I get the special job of being her mommy.  She is truly a blessing.  She was sleeping still when Scott left for work this morning, and he peeked in her room before he left (at this point, she was sleeping on her belly with her baby butt up in the air).  When he came downstairs he was smiling and he said, "She is so beautiful".  We might be biased, considering she's our baby...but she really is beautiful.  :-)

Here are a few pictures of Bailey on Easter...

What's up, doc?

If you're happy and you know it, clap your hands!

Bailey's on the move!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who loves comments? I do!