Thursday, April 21, 2011

Got My Hands Full!

I had no plans to post today, but had to share with you before the day got away from me and I forgot...

I had put Bailey down for a nap this afternoon, and she went down without a fight.  She slept for almost two hours and I had kept an eye on the baby monitor during that time.  When she woke up, she started playing and talking to herself in the crib and I figured that as long as she was happy and occupied I wasn't going to disturb her.  At the time, I was reading a book (quite the rarity these days) and had gone back to reading.  I just happened to glance back at the monitor to see Bailey's adorable face filling the entire screen.  She had the most confused, and yet mischievous, look on her face and she started to smile...and then the room started spinning and I was treated to an up-close-and-personal view of my daughter's mostly toothless gums.

I sat there for a few seconds thinking to myself, what the hell is going on?!  And then I realized that, no, there wasn't an earthquake in her bedroom and no, I wasn't in the middle of the Wizard Of Oz.  Bailey had apparently woken up and decided that she was bored after playing for a few minutes.  So, she turned herself around in the crib, pulled herself up, reached over the edge of the crib to the changing table (which is attached), and pulled the video camera off the table.  The zoom shot of her mouth happened when she decided she was hungry and started chewing on the camera.  Sooooo, in addition to the rest of the baby-proofing we'll be doing, Scott and I will also be lowering her mattress and moving the camera to a shelf where she can't reach it.

Speaking of baby-proofing...Bailey is REALLY starting to get into things now that's learned she can move.  She's constantly going after cords and tables and outlets and the baseboard heater.  And I'm fairly certain she swallowed something questionable that she found under the couch while on one of her reconnasaince missions this morning.  I'm afraid I've got my hands full for the time being.

And now, I've gotta run.  It seems my little darling has decided that the vaccuum looks more fun than her toys and is trying to climb on top of it.  Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who loves comments? I do!