Thursday, September 3, 2015

Kindergarten: One Week In

So, we've survived our first week of Kindergarten!

If I'm being honest, I should say that I survived the first week.  Because, let's face it...I think we all knew that I was the one with the problem and not Bailey.  I'll admit that I cried like a baby after we dropped her off on her first day.  The house seemed so empty without her in it and Gerry missed her like crazy.  We're slowly getting into a routine, but I'm terrified that I'm going to forget to pack her lunch one day, or give her a snack that she hates and she'll be hungry.  Slowly but surely we're finding our footing.

My number one fear before Bailey started was that she wouldn't have any friends.  The rational part of me knew that she'd have a blast and would make friends easily.  But the not-so-rational part of me kept picturing her sitting all alone, missing me and her daycare friends.  {Who's got a big head, now?}  It made me so sad to think of her all alone and miserable during the day.  But then another mom and I got to talking on Facebook the other day, and she sent me this:

Name and face blocked for privacy

And it just made my heart so happy to read that and to picture her laughing with her friends instead of being all alone.  Crazy mom fears, right?

I'm interested to see if Bailey is still as excited about school next week, if the novelty has worn off or not.  Right now, she's loving it.  She says her teacher is nice, and she likes her friends, and she comes home and acts out all these school scenarios..."Mom, I'm gonna raise my hand and that means I have a question, and you have to say 'Yes, Miss Bailey?'".   She really likes the specials (health, gym, music, library, and art) and tells me all about what she did in that class.  She's really happy, and I'm really happy.

So far, so good!





 photo Signature_001_zpsnl9ejbwz.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who loves comments? I do!