Saturday, August 3, 2013

Gerry: 7 Months Old

Gerry is 7 months old today...officially closer to a 1-year-old now than to an infant.  I don't know whether to be happy or sad about that.  He's growing up so fast, and has such an amazing personality...I thank my lucky stars every day for him.

Some news in Gerry's life:  he got his very first tooth today!  It's on the bottom and I wouldn't have had a clue it was cutting through if I hadn't happened to see a teeny flash of white while we were playing this morning.  In true Gerry fashion, he's been super happy and calm, even with the tooth cutting through.  He hasn't been fussy and hasn't cried beyond the little whine he does to fall asleep. 

Another milestone:  we moved him to the crib in his bedroom this month.  I was teary that first night, and thought for sure that he was going to wake up and be sad, thinking we abandoned him.   But he proved me wrong, slept through the night like a champ, and woke up with a huge smile and happy as can be.  He naps in there, as well, and is sleeping better than I ever expected.

Personality:  calm and happy; go with the flow



Nickname: Tank

Likes: Mommy, Daddy, Bailey; puffs; his bottle; sitting up all by himself; kicking his feet; blowing raspberries; being tickled; bath time; toy phones; Mickey Mouse; most foods (sweet potatoes, carrots, bananas, peas, ice cream)



Dislikes: Waiting too long to be fed; when a toy is juuuust beyond his reach

New Skills:  Can sit unassisted; uses pinscher grasp to pick up small foods and put them in his mouth; scooching to move toward objects



Sleeps: A solid 10-12 hours per night.



I know I say this all the time, but Gerry really is such an amazing baby.  Seeing him and Bailey together makes me happier than I ever would have thought.  Scott and I are pretty lucky!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Who loves comments? I do!