Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Party Hard-y!

Bailey's birthday party was this past Saturday and we had a blast!  She got lots of presents, got to spend time with all of her friends and family, ate (and made a HUGE mess with) cake, and had a great time.  It was wonderful to see all of the people who love her in one place together to celebrate her first birthday.  I got a bunch of pictures (see below), but didn't get any of her eating her smash cake!  She loved it and made a mess and I have nothing to show for it, so if any of you have a picture of it please let me know...I'll be eternally grateful!

I will admit that I got teary-eyed as we brought out her birthday cake.  We had a big sheet cake for everyone and then Bailey had her very own "smash cake" that she could dig into.  When we brought out the cake and everyone started singing "Happy Birthday", I just kept thinking of the last year and everything we've done and been through that's brought us to where we are today, and I couldn't help but be happy and sad at the same time.  Someone referred to Bailey as my "toddler" at the party and kept thinking, "No!  She's my baby, she can't be a toddler yet!".  But the more I look at her, the more I see that she IS becoming a toddler and is moving further away from the baby stage.  She's doing more, thinning out a bit (although anyone who's picked her up recently would disagree), she's developed a unique and funny personality, and she does something new every day.  She's amazing...

As we finished singing "Happy Birthday" to her, everyone started clapping.  Bailey waited a beat, then clapped and yelled "Yay!" loudly.  It was like she just knew this was all for her.  Happy girl!  I could go on and on about her birthday and her first year, but instead of keeping you all reading for the next few hours, I'll just post a few pictures from her party.  Enjoy!
Bailey and Grandpop reading a book


Uncle Drew and Maddy

She LOVED playing in the buckets of ice

BFFs


Love her little tutu-ed tush!

Checking out her presents


Opening presents with a little help from Daddy





This blanket was her favorite gift!

Bailey and aunt Diana


All in all, it was a great party.  Scott and I were touched and happy that so many people came to celebrate with us and with Bailey.  She may not remember this birthday, but mommy and daddy always will!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who loves comments? I do!