Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Walking Feet

It's been another few weeks since I last posted.  It's been hectic and busy over here and, to be perfectly honest, I just haven't been much in the mood to sit down and devote some time to writing here.  Not that I'd actually GET some free time to do that with miss Bailey walking all over the place...but I apologize all the same.

Did any of you notice how I strategically placed the fact that BAILEY IS WALKING in there?  She's doing it!  She took her first steps just before we left for vacation in the middle of July.  It was slow-going from there, a step here and a step there, but nothing really major.  But then, on a Sunday (July 31st, to be precise) she took off, and walked a whopping 14 steps in a row at her grandparents' house.  Since then, she hasn't looked back and is now mastering the art of walking.  She's not quite a pro yet--there's still lots of falling down, but she gets right back up and continues on like nothing ever happened, and I'm SO proud of her for it!  She's able to pick herself back up when she falls (without any assistance) and she's walking longer and longer distances without losing her balance.  If you'd like to watch a video of my sweetie walking, feel free to check out the video on my Facebook page!  If we're not "facebook friends" and you can't view the video because of this, let me know or send me a friend request...the more the merrier, right?  You can view the video here.  Enjoy!

With her new-found skill comes independence, and with independence comes a propensity to get herself into trouble.  She's discovering that she can use her legs to climb-- not only up the stairs, but on things that she just shouldn't be climbing on...like her toy box, the book shelf and, most recently, our railing.  She's talking more, too, which means that in addition to the usual "hi" and "bye" she can (and does) tell me "No" when I tell her not to do something.  The video of her climbing and practicing her new vocabulary "Nooo!" can be found here.  In her defense, it's pretty damn cute to hear her talk.  At the end of the video she blows kisses and waves bye-bye.  She seems really sweet and innocent until I stop filming her; then she's back to climbing and telling me "no" all over again.  I love the toddler stage (so far), but parenthood is definitely not for sissies!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Who loves comments? I do!